Re: [textadept] HOW TO change colors of an active line?

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 17:16:33 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Leo <slonik....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi List,
> I am trying to figure out how to change colors of an active line (the
> line that contains cursor). In textadept-5.0-beta it has gray
> background in both light and dark themes. I would like to be able to
> set it to inverted video. In dark theme I would prefer active line to
> have white background and dark foreground, in light theme -- black
> background and white foreground. Any hints/suggestions are greatly
> appreciated! I am running Linux Ubuntu 10.04 x86.
>
> Thanks,
> --Leo--

you need to copy over the theme's directory to your .textadept/themes
and edit these lines in the view.lua file:

buffer.caret_fore = 0x808080
buffer.caret_line_back = 0x333333

If you want to use simpler rgb colors you can use something like this function:
https://github.com/rgieseke/ta-themes/blob/master/tomorrow/view.lua#L11

I'm not sure if it's possible to have a different foreground color for
the caret line and the rest.

Robert