Re: [textadept] Re: Javascript lexer modification

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 20:01:59 +0100

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 7:51 PM, mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net> wrote:
> Brian,
>

> On Fri, 24 Feb 2012, Brian Schott wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure. There are a lot of ways that we could add similar error
>> detection to other languages. It depends on how narrow or wide the
>> purpose of a lexer is.
>

> Is there some sort of jslint utility that would catch something like this?
> If so, then the lexer has no place for it.

The linked article [1] mentions that JSLint can be configured to check
for these.
I use something similar in the coffeescript module.

There is also a variant of the JS and coffeescript modules on GitHub [2] that
uses jshint, though I am not sure whether it checks for trailing commas.

Robert

[2] https://github.com/clux/.textadept