Re: [textadept] New module: TextRedux

From: Nils Nordman <n....at.nordman.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 12:31:24 +0100

Hi,

thanks! :)

The reason not all entries are shown is because there's a severe
performance penalty for doing heavy buffer manipulation, which quickly
becomes the case with many entries. The way it currently works is that when
you press <enter> within the "select to show" line it will load more items,
thus letting you browse them. It doesn't work completely satisfactorily
right now however, since when you page down you'll typically end up at the
end of document, which is not included in the hotspot, and then have to go
back a character and press enter.

What I've thought about for this is auto-loading upon demand, so that when
you press <page down> or <down> while on the last line it would
automatically load more items. This seems like the best solution, but I'm
open for other suggestions.

You can at the moment also customize the textui.list module, and change the
default cut-off point for all lists.
http://nilnor.github.com/textui/docs/modules/_M.textui.list.html#max_shown_itemsdocuments
this. The below in your init.lua sets the cut-off point to 200
for all lists:

_M.textui = require 'textui'
_M.textui.list.max_shown_items = 200

Be advised however that if I fix the auto-loading I'm of a mind to remove
that setting completely though :)

Regards,

Nils