Re: [textadept] New module: TextRedux

From: Nils Nordman <n....at.nordman.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 12:02:40 +0100

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 10:30 AM, HyperHacker <hyperhac....at.gmail.com> wrote:

> Now I'm trying to hack the buffer list to work like Geany's (single
> click to select the buffer for the current view - not the view showing
> the buffer list), but it seems like it isn't possible to refresh a
> buffer that isn't the current one? What's that about...

Without any exact details I'll speculate that you're hitting the limitation
that you cannot operate on a buffer/view that is not the current one.
That's not related to TextRedux, but rather a constraint in Textadept.

Opening buffers/files in another view is on my TODO for what it's worth. I
daren't say when or even if I'll add it, since it'll require some thought
to get right (if we don't have a current split, should we split horizontal
or vertical? if we have multiple splits, which one should be used?, etc).

Regards,

--
Nils Nordman <n....at.nordman.org>