Re: [textadept] New module: TextRedux

From: HyperHacker <hyperhac....at.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 04:12:42 -0700

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 04:02, Nils Nordman <n....at.nordman.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 10:30 AM, HyperHacker <hyperhac....at.gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Now I'm trying to hack the buffer list to work like Geany's (single
>> click to select the buffer for the current view - not the view showing
>> the buffer list), but it seems like it isn't possible to refresh a
>> buffer that isn't the current one? What's that about...
>

> Without any exact details I'll speculate that you're hitting the limitation
> that you cannot operate on a buffer/view that is not the current one. That's
> not related to TextRedux, but rather a constraint in Textadept.
>
> Opening buffers/files in another view is on my TODO for what it's worth. I
> daren't say when or even if I'll add it, since it'll require some thought to
> get right (if we don't have a current split, should we split horizontal or
> vertical? if we have multiple splits, which one should be used?, etc).
>
> Regards,
>

> --
> Nils Nordman <n....at.nordman.org>

Blast, I was afraid of that. My logic would be just to open in the
most recently focused view that isn't the buffer list, unless there
aren't any others. If I'm working in some pane and I click a file, I'd
want it to open in that pane. Similar could be done with the file
browser.

Really stinks that you can't update a buffer that isn't active though.
That kills a lot of useful possibilities for informative/tool panes.
(Like a buffer list! :p)

--
Sent from my toaster.