Re: [textadept] New module: TextRedux

From: Nils Nordman <n....at.nordman.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 21:15:52 +0100

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Nils Nordman <n....at.nordman.org> wrote:

> Opening buffers/files in another view is on my TODO for what it's worth. I
> daren't say when or even if I'll add it [snip]

Ok, so I've added the ability to open files/buffers in another view. It
will be part of the 0.2 release, but if you want to grab it while it's hot
you can find it in the master branch. Note that this required changes for
TextUI as well, so you would need the latest from master there as well.

With this, pressing shift + <return> while browsing files or buffers will
open the entry in another view, and will create it if necessary. I decided
to keep it simple, so the one thing you can configure is whether to do a
horizontal or vertical split (see
http://nordman.org/textredux/docs/next/modules/_M.textredux.gui.html). If
there already exist more than one view it will just pick the next one,
relative to the current one.

HyperHacker: for your use case of opening it in some specific view this
might not be enough, but you can experiment with monkey-patching the
gui.switch_to_other_view function (i.e. redefining it within your
init.lua). Whatever view is active when that exists will be used.

Nils Nordman <n....at.nordman.org>