Re: [textadept] Close buffer and unsplit view

From: HyperHacker <hyperhac....at.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 05:47:04 -0700

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 05:26, mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On Wed, 22 Feb 2012, HyperHacker wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to make a hotkey to close the current buffer and then
>> unsplit the view. This seems simple enough:
>>
>> keys['csw'] = function() view.buffer:close() view:unsplit() end
>>
>> But what that ends up doing is closing *all* buffers and not
>> unsplitting the view at all! Why is this?
>

> csw is the normal key command to close all buffers. Perhaps your function is
> not being called at all. I ran your code using the command entry and it
> worked as expected.
>
> mitchell

Aha, I see, it's defined as cW rather than csw.
When I try it now, I get:
...rena/dev/pc/src/textadept/textadept_5.0/core/file_io.lua:267:
calling 'check_global' on bad self
But it does work in the command entry... strange... I don't see a
"local view" in keys.lua, so they should be referring to the same
variable?

--
Sent from my toaster.