Re: [textadept] How to generate documentation like TA's?

From: HyperHacker <hyperhac....at.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 19:39:29 -0700

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 07:03, mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On Fri, 24 Feb 2012, HyperHacker wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 01:34, Robert <ro....at.web.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 9:11 AM, HyperHacker <hyperhac....at.gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>>

>>> have a look at the update_doc script [1]
>>>
>>> - Insert Markdown in modules into LuaDoc.
>>> - Open the Lua file and extract the Markdown lines.
>>>
>>> Robert
>>>
>>> [1] http://code.google.com/p/textadept/source/browse/scripts/update_doc
>>>

>> Ahh, that script looks like it's designed for TA specifically. Can it
>> be made to process other modules, or would I have to tinker with it?
>

> How are you creating your luadoc and adeptsense files? Using ./update_doc?
> If so, you must be putting your sources within ta's _HOME and that should
> pick up the '-- Markdown:' comments in your code...
>
> mitchell

OK, my sources are in another directory, so I made a symlink to that
directory within TA's home. It looks like it's finding those, but
expecting something else first:
/usr/bin/lua: ./update_doc:63: ../doc/modules/rena.log.html: No such
file or directory
(I had to patch update_doc, line 63, to generate a meaningful error message: )
- f = io.open(filename)
+ f = assert(io.open(filename))

Before that I had just been doing:
luadoc -d doc -doclet adeptsensedoc *.lua
in the source directory to generate the tags, and then loading them
with .textadept/modules/lua/post_init.lua:
_M.lua.sense:load_ctags('/home/rena/dev/lua/libs/rena/doc/tags')
table.insert(_M.lua.sense.api_files, '/home/rena/dev/lua/libs/rena/doc/api')

which works except for the missing markdown.

--
Sent from my toaster.