Re: [textadept] How to generate documentation like TA's?

From: mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 10:47:42 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012, HyperHacker wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 07:03, mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> How are you creating your luadoc and adeptsense files? Using ./update_doc?
>> If so, you must be putting your sources within ta's _HOME and that should
>> pick up the '-- Markdown:' comments in your code...
>>
>> mitchell
>>

> OK, my sources are in another directory, so I made a symlink to that
> directory within TA's home. It looks like it's finding those, but
> expecting something else first:
> /usr/bin/lua: ./update_doc:63: ../doc/modules/rena.log.html: No such
> file or directory
> (I had to patch update_doc, line 63, to generate a meaningful error message: )
> - f = io.open(filename)
> + f = assert(io.open(filename))

This means LuaDoc did not pick up a module called 'rena.log' (hence why
its html file does not exit). Ensure that your module would be passed to
LuaDoc for processing on line 27 (the second os.execute).

> Before that I had just been doing:
> luadoc -d doc -doclet adeptsensedoc *.lua
> in the source directory to generate the tags, and then loading them
> with .textadept/modules/lua/post_init.lua:
> _M.lua.sense:load_ctags('/home/rena/dev/lua/libs/rena/doc/tags')
> table.insert(_M.lua.sense.api_files, '/home/rena/dev/lua/libs/rena/doc/api')
>
> which works except for the missing markdown.

As you are now aware, adeptsensedoc only generates Adeptsense from LuaDoc.
It doesn't know anything about '-- Markdown:'. The 'if luadoc' block in
update_doc is what inserts markdown into the LuaDoc html files.

I hope this helps,
mitchell