- mitchell.att.foicica.com |
- Full Résumé available upon request
Efficient, results-oriented, veteran computer programmer and analyst with expertise in producing software development and analysis tools, as well as embedding Lua into applications and games. Possesses a deep understanding of the software life-cycle in both the corporate and open-source realms. A quick, independent learner who leads by example and consistently impresses with technical competency and execution. Experienced author with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
C, Lua, Python, Java, Shell Script, Ruby, GNU/Linux, and more.
Software Development Tools
- Chief developer of an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) system that parses and analyzes source code in order to provide intelligent programming support for at least 6 different interpreted languages.
- Maintainer of the core text editing component for an IDE.
- Designed development tools to quickly switch between and manage different projects.
- Developed a specialized plug-in C library for use with the FIS GT.M database engine.
- Ported a Python-based text template engine to Lua for use in production web applications.
- Produced custom developer tools for writing reStructuredText and YAML markup.
- Regularly tasked with up to 4 projects at once while delivering results ahead of schedule and exceeding expectations, all with minimal direction and supervision.
- Led the software development effort for a new business opportunity.
- Development lead for a product that is used daily for analyzing and monitoring air traffic. Developed, delivered, and deployed successful updates while maintaining effective communication with the customer and coordinating with the technical lead and test teams.
- Held an internal seminar and authored numerous technical documents to customers.
- Developed automated tools to quickly process large amounts of structured data, recognize patterns, and present results with intuitive tables and charts for customer deliverables.
- Implemented new algorithm for modeling flight cancellations in response to imposed delay.
- Developed system to retrieve, parse, store, and query important notices issued by many different authorities around the world in real-time.
- Designed trajectories to rendezvous with the International Space Station and Moon using Satellite Toolkit, potentially enabling launches from Wallops Flight Facility (WFF).
- Analyzed the feasibility of placing satellite payloads into sun-synchronous orbits from WFF.
- Developed 5 different software tools to aid in future mission analyses.
- Published internal report on findings.
Software Analysis Tools
- Independently refactored a tool to parse and analyze code 10% faster and more accurately for over 70 different programming languages.
- Ported a tool that counts millions of lines of source code per day, from Ruby to C two months ahead of schedule.
B.S. Aerospace Engineering
- Thesis: Design of a Hydrogen-Powered Interstellar Ion Engine.
- Graduated with Distinction.
- Designed, developed, and maintained a cross-platform text editor for software developers with an established user-base.
- Actively managed software releases, bug reports, a mailing list, and a project wiki.
- Supplied a comprehensive user manual and detailed API documentation for user extensions.
- Devised a custom build server for automated builds and releases.
- Backported C++14 and C++17 code to C++11 and maintained it in order to support older compiler toolchains.
Textadept Quick Reference
Foicica.com, Dec 2013. ISBN: 978-0-9912379-0-6.
Foicica.com, May 2015. ISBN: 978-0-9912379-1-3. (Second Edition)
Foicica.com, Oct 2016. ISBN: 978-0-9912379-2-0. (Third Edition)
Foicica.com, Forthcoming. (Fourth Edition)
Lua Quick Reference
Foicica.com, Jul 2017. ISBN: 978-0-9912379-3-7.