Textadept Quick Reference
Published: Aug 2018
Textadept is a fast, minimalist, and remarkably extensible cross-platform text editor for programmers. This quick reference contains a wealth of knowledge on how to script and configure Textadept using the Lua programming language. It groups the editor’s rich API into a series of tasks in a convenient and easy-to-use manner.
This book covers how to:
- Leverage Textadept’s important files and folders
- Adeptly navigate and manipulate text
- Mark lines and text visually
- Show interactive lists and call tips
- Prompt for user input in various ways
- Spawn asynchronous, interactive child processes
- Configure colors, themes, and other settings
- Define lexers for highlighting source code
- And much more
It serves as the perfect complement to Textadept’s comprehensive Manual and exhaustive API documentation.
Lua Workshop 2012
Textadept - Behind the Scenes (slides)
Textadept is a fast, minimalist, and ridiculously extensible cross-platform text editor for programmers. It is written in a combination of C and Lua. Textadept uses Lua to solve many interesting and complex problems encountered in text editor design, including syntax highlighting, syntax-based code completion, and scripting external C libraries and GUI components. This talk will focus on examining the internals of Textadept, from its innovative LPeg syntax highlighting engine to the embedded Lua scripting environment that provides nearly all of the editor’s features. Come learn about Textadept and also about how you can use and extend it to fit your workflow.